Friday, October 8, 2010

Beauty and the Beast

So. I am sitting here and watching one of the best classic Disney movies ever created. Wait for it...Beauty and the Beast. I have to tip my hat off to Mr. Walt Disney, even though he passed away before this wonderful movie was made. He set the foundation for what I believe to be the best set of movies to be drawn.
Granted, the majority...ok ALL of Disney movies involve "once upon a time" and "happily ever after." With all the nay-sayers and "realists" out there, they will actually blame Mr. Disney for getting girls' hopes up that they'll meet their prince charming. Given that it won't be Prince Eric on a large vessel or Prince Phillip riding in on his white horse, but why shouldn't we believe that our Prince is out there?
I have to admit, my favorite Disney Princess movie is Aladdin. However, Beauty and the Beast tells a good story and has the most wonderful moral I think is out there; Beauty is only skin deep AND beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Think about it...if you were Belle and you had just traded your freedom in exchange for your dad's life. Now you have to live with this ANIMAL. What is he even? A lion crossbred with a werewolf that is jumped up on steroids?


Then look at Gaston...here is a MAN's MAN. Tall, dark, dangerously strong and handsome. You can't blame those three barmaids for swooning. I would too considering he apparently has impecible dental hygeine! All the same, as you know he is a straight up douche barrell. Guys like Gaston are only in it for themselves and the only want girls like Belle to be arm candy and a trophy wife. Come on, he had Belle's dad locked up just to make her marry him. Desperate much?

Look at Beast (I have to wonder why they never told us his real name...hmmm.) . True he was a bit of a jerk in the beginning. I personally think he wasn't held enough as a child. D: But once Belle got to know him and Beast melted that heart of ice, we found out he's really just a huge teddy bear that wants to be loved and will do anything to protect his lady.


So ladies, I ask you this. Why don't we give the guys that maybe aren't the best looking a chance?? I remember being friends with the guys in my high school that other girls didn't consider cute and they turned out to be really cool. I'm bummed out that I didn't get a chance to get to know them even better. It's kinda like Princess and the Frog. You gotta kiss some frogs to find your Prince Charming.

1 comment:

Sylvan said...

I kissed frogs and ended up with a Dove... where does that go in the Disney category?